Frequently Asked Questions
for the Mile High Comics Auctions
1) HELP! I have registered, and it will not allow me to bid?
2) Can I Bundle My Winnings with... Backissues?
3) Can You Hold My Auction Items for Another Win?
4) How Can I Get My Credit Card Information To You?
5) How will you Ship My Items To Me?
6) Can I get any special discounts on my auction items?
- 1) I have registered and it will not allow me to bid.
- Remember that the username must be in all caps, and the
password is case sensitive. If you have forgotten or or are not sure of the
case for your password, you can
retrieve your password at any time.
- You must unlock your username. For this to be done, you will
need to go to the URL within the e-mail message that had the subject
Mile High Comics Registration. This is the only way to unlock your username
to begin bidding. The URL may have wrapped around in your e-mail: please
be sure to connect to the ENTIRE address using your browser.
- If you did not receive this e-mail, then you must
There might have been a typo in entering your e-mail address when you registered
or you have changed e-mail addresses. We can easily update your file. Then
we will resend the e-mail that will unlock your username. The
subject will be MHC Key Resend and you will again need to go to the URL.
- 2) Can I Bundle My Winnings with... Backissues?
Backissues have to be ordered separately from auction items.
However, if you let them know ahead of time (either in the notes
field or with an immediate e-mail to that department) that you want the
backissue(s) sent with the auction item(s), we can usually arrange it
Unfortunately, if you have already made your order, they
may already have processed it for delivery, and might
be unable to add items to that order.
... or phone 303 455 2659.
- b) Can I Bundle My Winnings with... N.I.C.E.?
Certainly! If we have your NICE number, we can
send your winnings to be shipped with your NICE shipments.
- c) Can You Ship My Items to one of your Retail Locations?
Not a problem! Let us know to which store you would like us to send it!
- 3) Can You Hold My Auction Items?
IF YOU PAY BY CHECK/MONEY ORDER:
Your winnings will automatically be shipped together
if you pay for them together.
Please list the items you have won so we know for what
you are paying. We cannot hold your items for
longer than a month!
HOLDING WINNINGS IF YOU PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
We prefer to ship your items once a week.
This allows us to maintain control of our limited
storage space as well as allowing you to take advantage
of decreased shipping costs.
You can give us instructions to hold your items
for one day each week (a weekday, please) and we
will gather up everything you win up to that day
and ship it together. We will also do twice-a-month
(choose two days, anything but the 1st, 15th, and/or
30th) shipping if necessary. (We prefer not
to for solid inventory control.)
You may also give us such instructions as, "Wait
until I have ______ accumulated and then send."
This blank can be filled in with any dollar amount
up to $60.00, or any amount of pounds, up to 4 pounds.
We're relatively flexible as long as you play by
the rules. For instance, you could ask us to send your items
on "Mondays, provided there is at least $30.00
of merchandise." However, if you are shipping
less than once a week, we would prefer not to have to
hold it for over $50.00
Our policy is to not ship things out until they
have reached either $20.00 worth of merchandise, or
if it has been two weeks since you have won any items.
If you wish to be shipped as soon as you win something,
PLEASE LET US KNOW!
And a reminder...We MUST HAVE
YOUR AUCTION USERNAME to put these instructions into
- 4) How Can I Get My Credit Card Information To You?
- We accept the following credit cards:
Please remember we need your credit card
number, the full name as listed on the card, and the expiration
date. Any one of the following methods to send it to us is acceptable:
The address to send your list of winning items and your
check or money order is:
Mile High Comics
2151 W. 56th Ave.
Denver, CO 80221
- 5) How will you Ship My Items To Me?
You probably want to browse through our information
for domestic shipping information (http://www.milehighcomics.com/auction/faq.html) and
for international shipping information (http://www.milehighcomics.com/order/world.html).
We reserve the right to default to UPS. Internationally, we tend to ship DHL, except to Singapore, China, (Hong Kong), and Taiwan, whereupon
we will default to IPC. Please let us know your preferences!
- With United Parcel Service (UPS), please add 5-8 dollars. $5.00
if the package is 1-2 pounds, $6.00 for 3-4 pounds, $7.00 for 5-6 pounds,
$8.00 for 7-8 pounds.
Post Office Priority, will usually cost between 3-6 dollars. It is $3.50
for 1-2 pounds, $4.30 for 3 pounds, $5.40 for 4 pounds, $6.50 for 5 pounds.
- UPS can only be in the Continental USA, Post Office Priority will
include AK, HI, PR, GUAM, APO, and FPO.
- International Customers will be charged $3.50 a pound and DHL will be the
the carrier unless you have made other shipping arrangements.
- Insurance is only available for USA, $.75 per $100.00, per box, with
the Post Office. With UPS, the first $100.00, per box, is covered.
Additional insurance is $.75 per $100.00.
We prefer your items to be sent with UPS (for Continental USA) because we can
trace these packages. Please make arrangements with us if you do not
want UPS to deliver your packages.
- a) How much do these items weigh?
Depending on the items...
- Comics are approximately six to a pound.
- Action Figures are generally two or three to a pound.
- T-Shirts are generally one to a pound.
- Card sets are usually one or two to a pound.
- Card boxes and hardback books are generally one to a pound.
- Graphic Novels and TradePaperBacks are usually two to a pound.
Rolled posters are given a separate charge because we have
to ship them apart from other items. We can, however,
ship up to 12 posters in the same poster package.
- 6) Do I get any special discounts on my auction items?
- Neither our 30% (or other) sales, nor membership in N.I.C.E., will provide you with
special discounts on your auction items. Those are sold at the price
you won them at, plus a shipping/postage and handling charge.